Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Petrosyan is great in K-1 MAX... he's all right there, but he doesn't have to worry about elbows and clinch does he?"

+7
animalfan10
Nycto Da 6'0
StillWill
Donowaman
bfnick
Soy Chingon
Fletch
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

"Petrosyan is great in K-1 MAX... he's all right there, but he doesn't have to worry about elbows and clinch does he?" Empty "Petrosyan is great in K-1 MAX... he's all right there, but he doesn't have to worry about elbows and clinch does he?"

Post by Fletch Mon May 09, 2011 4:36 am

~Jordan Watson

Lets fucking see this fight. Watson/Buakaw II has been rumoured, but they matched up pretty evenly - I'd rather see him fight the technical counter-striking Giorgio on whom he'd push the pace, clinch up and force onto the backfoot.

Email, twitter or facebook It's Showtime if you want this fight. I do

Not Amrani, not Khamal, THIS is the #1 rising star under the age of 23 in the sport

"Petrosyan is great in K-1 MAX... he's all right there, but he doesn't have to worry about elbows and clinch does he?" JordBeforeFight1
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

"Petrosyan is great in K-1 MAX... he's all right there, but he doesn't have to worry about elbows and clinch does he?" Empty Re: "Petrosyan is great in K-1 MAX... he's all right there, but he doesn't have to worry about elbows and clinch does he?"

Post by Soy Chingon Mon May 09, 2011 5:22 am

When was the last time Petro fought in full Thai rules? I dunno if he'll ever go back
Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

"Petrosyan is great in K-1 MAX... he's all right there, but he doesn't have to worry about elbows and clinch does he?" Empty Re: "Petrosyan is great in K-1 MAX... he's all right there, but he doesn't have to worry about elbows and clinch does he?"

Post by Fletch Mon May 09, 2011 6:11 am

Soy Chingon wrote:When was the last time Petro fought in full Thai rules? I dunno if he'll ever go back

There are a few Thai rules fights of his online. He's basically a kickboxer though, full time these days.

In a Muay Thai match, my money is on Jordan
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by bfnick Mon May 09, 2011 6:19 am

I dont see any reason for Petro to go fight THIS guy under HIS rules,I'm sure
that even Watson know that wont be happening anytime soon,his just
calling out the best kickboxer in the world to get some attention
bfnick
bfnick

Back to top Go down

Post by Donowaman Mon May 09, 2011 6:44 am

I don't see the need for Petro to fight someone no one has ever heard of.
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Mon May 09, 2011 6:49 am

bfnick wrote:I dont see any reason for Petro to go fight THIS guy under HIS rules,I'm sure
that even Watson know that wont be happening anytime soon

OK, TT should hype Mosab Amrani instead then who Jordan beat Neutral

Btw, someone offered BadCompany the Petrosyan fight a while back, but Jordan was facing Yodsanklai Fairtex in the Kings Cup Neutral

his just
calling out the best kickboxer in the world to get some attention

Actually I'm doing it on his behalf. We were in a bar last night, talking about fighters we like, guys Jordan has fought (Amrani, Buakaw, Fairtex etc) and we talked Petrosyan. I said "why dont I start a campaign for that fight", he said "go for it". So I quoted him with permission Smile
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Mon May 09, 2011 6:50 am

Donowaman wrote:I don't see the need for Petro to fight someone no one has ever heard of.

I dont see the need for you trolling this thread, OR being completely ignorant and noobish Neutral
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Donowaman Mon May 09, 2011 6:51 am

Fletch wrote:
Donowaman wrote:I don't see the need for Petro to fight someone no one has ever heard of.

I dont see the need for you trolling this thread, OR being completely ignorant and noobish Neutral

No one knows who Jordan Watson is outside of the UK. bounce

Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Mon May 09, 2011 7:00 am

Donowaman wrote:
Fletch wrote:

You're right - no one knows the ISKA world champion at 70kg, and Contender Asia winner, who just defended his belt against the top ranked German at that weight, who has competed in Thailand and Japan, fought such no-names as Yodsanklai Fairtex, Buakaw Por.Pramuk, Toshiya Nakagawa, Cedric Mueller, Craig Jose, outclassed Mosab Amrani, is #1 ranked in the UK, and ranked internationally.

You. Know. Nothing
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Soy Chingon Mon May 09, 2011 7:02 am

Fletch I think it's time for a Jordan Watson article Very Happy
Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donowaman Mon May 09, 2011 7:22 am

Fletch wrote:
Donowaman wrote:
Fletch wrote:

You're right - no one knows the ISKA world champion at 70kg, and Contender Asia winner, who just defended his belt against the top ranked German at that weight, who has competed in Thailand and Japan, fought such no-names as Yodsanklai Fairtex, Buakaw Por.Pramuk, Toshiya Nakagawa, Cedric Mueller, Craig Jose, outclassed Mosab Amrani, is #1 ranked in the UK, and ranked internationally.

You. Know. Nothing

Irrelevant. He hasn't beaten any top guys. bounce

K-1 or bust. Muay Thai is inferior.
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Mon May 09, 2011 7:56 am

Bold statement from Mr. Watson.
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Mon May 09, 2011 7:57 am

Donowaman wrote:
Fletch wrote:
Donowaman wrote:
Fletch wrote:

You. Know. Nothing

Irrelevant. He hasn't beaten any top guys. bounce

K-1 or bust. Muay Thai is inferior.
I know you are trolling, but Buakaw is one of the GOATS in MAX, and far from it in Muay Thai.

This is coming from someone who prefers K-1 rules.
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Mon May 09, 2011 8:13 am

Haha, Dono had me going there for a minute. Sly cunt

Here is some of Jordan's work anyways (cant find the Amrani fight sadly)

vs Buakaw

full fight with Buakaw - coulda gone either way imo

vs a p4p Thai, Yodsanklai Fairtex

Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 Mon May 09, 2011 11:58 am

fuck this british glassjaw. Doesn't even have a wiki page
Nycto Da 6'0
Nycto Da 6'0

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Mon May 09, 2011 12:05 pm

Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:fuck this british glassjaw. Doesn't even have a wiki page

No chance you could be a fan of his, then Neutral

I actually... you know, WATCH fights. Like the handful Jordan has already had with elite p4p talent hehehe
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Donowaman Mon May 09, 2011 12:48 pm

I honestly don't know how someone can prefer K-1 rules over Full Thai rules. Elbows ftmfw.
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 Mon May 09, 2011 1:16 pm

Donowaman wrote:I honestly don't know how someone can prefer K-1 rules over Full Thai rules. Elbows ftmfw.

The clinch can get stale when guys just wanna turn it into some sort of Randy Couture version of kickboxing. It all depends on the guys involved though. Kick catching and takedowns get a little irritating too.

And I prefer K-1 because it doesn't have that god awful snake charming music going steady in the background. Another thing is that the first two rounds of a thai fight basically don't count because of betting and all that stuff. It's a weird system. They start slow so no one gets finished in the betting rounds.

Thing is though, Giorgio has done full thai rules, and only lost one, to a Por Pramuk, by decision in a league called P. Pramuk fights lol. I can't find the video of it, but... I mean it raises some questions to say the least. He did just fine against Buakaw under full thai rules.
Nycto Da 6'0
Nycto Da 6'0

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Mon May 09, 2011 2:06 pm

I dont like thai rules because guys do nothing for the first two rounds, and they all play it safe because they fight so much. Also I dont like how hands are barely scored. K-1 rules are more exciting imo
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 Mon May 09, 2011 2:28 pm

StillWill wrote:I dont like thai rules because guys do nothing for the first two rounds, and they all play it safe because they fight so much. Also I dont like how hands are barely scored. K-1 rules are more exciting imo

Shiavello said at K-1 why they start so slow. I remember it had something to do with gambling... Like in Ong Bak, when they're all calling for bets at the beginning of fights. It's something along those lines. They bet on the first two rounds, then they start fighting in the 3rd to 5th.
Nycto Da 6'0
Nycto Da 6'0

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Mon May 09, 2011 2:31 pm

That is where it originates from but it is still ordinary to have a feel out round or two even when not in thailand with the bookmakers
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Donowaman Mon May 09, 2011 2:40 pm

StillWill wrote:I dont like thai rules because guys do nothing for the first two rounds, and they all play it safe because they fight so much. Also I dont like how hands are barely scored. K-1 rules are more exciting imo

Have you seen any of the EVOLUTION fight cards from OZ? Great shows with full Thai rules.
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Mon May 09, 2011 2:42 pm

There is tons of exciting muay thai dont get me wrong! Im just saying I think the k-1 rules make it a bit more exciting on average
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Mon May 09, 2011 2:47 pm

3x3 is by nature inferior

My mate who trains out of Jordan's gym dominated 2.5 rounds of his fight at the last card, gassed midway through the third with his Bob Sapp level cardio, and lost on points.

K-1 rules he'd have taken an easy 29-28, maybe even a 30-27. But in full Thai rules, you get 15 minutes of violence and there's nowhere to hide for those with Bob Sapp's lungs

Conditioned fighters can still fight hard for 5 rounds. I saw great fights yesterday, and guys were still going hard in the 5th. Top level boxers go 12, top level thai boxers should do 5 if they're elite imo.
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Mon May 09, 2011 2:48 pm

I agree Fletch, 3x3 is good for tournament format but I always thought non tournament fights should be 5 x 3.. they did do 5 rounders on occasion
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next