Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Petrosyan is great in K-1 MAX... he's all right there, but he doesn't have to worry about elbows and clinch does he?"

+7
animalfan10
Nycto Da 6'0
StillWill
Donowaman
bfnick
Soy Chingon
Fletch
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

"Petrosyan is great in K-1 MAX... he's all right there, but he doesn't have to worry about elbows and clinch does he?" - Page 2 Empty Re: "Petrosyan is great in K-1 MAX... he's all right there, but he doesn't have to worry about elbows and clinch does he?"

Post by Donowaman Mon May 09, 2011 3:04 pm

StillWill wrote:There is tons of exciting muay thai dont get me wrong! Im just saying I think the k-1 rules make it a bit more exciting on average

I can agree with that. Although, I think organizations like Evolution put on exciting fights from start to finish. I also love elbows and knees, especially elbows.
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

"Petrosyan is great in K-1 MAX... he's all right there, but he doesn't have to worry about elbows and clinch does he?" - Page 2 Empty Re: "Petrosyan is great in K-1 MAX... he's all right there, but he doesn't have to worry about elbows and clinch does he?"

Post by bfnick Mon May 09, 2011 10:04 pm

u guys are fuckin crazy.K-1 rules were made to be exciting.All this
clinching and ineffective knees on the body are annoying,also the
pace of their fighters is really low especially the first two AND the
last round,thai fighters dont throw leg kicks to each other cause they
fight once a week,also I cant see a reason why should someone could
compare the gas tanks of MT and KB fighters.MT fighters literally dont do
nothing for 2 rounds(i mean inactive) but anyway.

Dont get me wrong fellas I love thai rules with all my heart(including the music)but the K-1 rule system is made in order to deliver good fights more
often
bfnick
bfnick

Back to top Go down

Post by Donowaman Mon May 09, 2011 11:25 pm

bfnick wrote:u guys are fuckin crazy.K-1 rules were made to be exciting.All this

Dont get me wrong fellas I love thai rules with all my heart(including the music)but the K-1 rule system is made in order to deliver good fights more
often

Have you ever been kneed to the body? Let alone kneed to the body by a top Muay Thai fighter?
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Tue May 10, 2011 1:26 am

bfnick wrote:u guys are fuckin crazy.K-1 rules were made to be exciting.All this

often

Jordan is solid, aggressive, great knees, great clinch, and decent hands. He's not a Thai, and doesn't coast for 2 rounds doing nothing before turning it up.

Trust me, Jordan vs BUAKAW in full Thai rules was a dead split, and had Jordan's two leg kick knockdowns been counted and BPP took a standing 8, Jordan would have won a UD. Jordan vs Petrosyan in full Thai rules is a DANGEROUS fight for Giorgio... probably moreso than Giorgio vs everyone at 70kg on the K-1 circuit outside Kyshenko and Buakaw
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by animalfan10 Tue May 10, 2011 9:17 am

often

Nice post...Funny how the average tough noobs always think that the plum clinch and leg kicks are very often used by thai fighters in ftr...when in reality Thai fighters rarely through low kicks and the clinching usually is limited to body knees and not with a plum..

I like both styles but I prefer the dutch style body/head punches followed by low kick combos compared to the Thai teep, single punch, body/high kick, knee to the body etc. Of course it depends on the fighter and their are very exciting thais and fights in Thailand just like their are in Holland etc.

Why do Thai's rarely use leg kicks? Is it because they fight so often and leg kicks have a higher risk of injury than middle/high kicks?

animalfan10

Back to top Go down

Post by animalfan10 Tue May 10, 2011 9:20 am

Fletch wrote:

often

Jordan is solid, aggressive, great knees, great clinch, and decent hands. He's not a Thai, and doesn't coast for 2 rounds doing nothing before turning it up.

Trust me, Jordan vs BUAKAW in full Thai rules was a dead split, and had Jordan's two leg kick knockdowns been counted and BPP took a standing 8, Jordan would have won a UD. Jordan vs Petrosyan in full Thai rules is a DANGEROUS fight for Giorgio... probably moreso than Giorgio vs everyone at 70kg on the K-1 circuit outside Kyshenko and Buakaw

Watson is a damn good fighter and very young. He is also ( from what I have seen) an entertaining fighter with a good style.

Would love to see him fight vs Von Roosmalen and then if he wins maybe get a shot at Petrosyan in k1 of ftr

I think Saiyok would whip Watson's ass in FTR through.

animalfan10

Back to top Go down

Post by bfnick Tue May 10, 2011 9:23 am

words is that in Thailand,during the matches between thais there is
an unofficial "agreement" mot to throw many lag kicks.The purpose
of this is that the fighters will avoid hematomas on their legs and fight
next week again.Most thais fight every weekend.
bfnick
bfnick

Back to top Go down

Post by bfnick Tue May 10, 2011 9:26 am

thats why u look at thai's records and they are insane,they are in their
early 20's and they have more than 100 pro fights
bfnick
bfnick

Back to top Go down

Post by animalfan10 Tue May 10, 2011 9:34 am

bfnick wrote:words is that in Thailand,during the matches between thais there is
an unofficial "agreement" mot to throw many lag kicks.The purpose
of this is that the fighters will avoid hematomas on their legs and fight
next week again.Most thais fight every weekend.

Yeah that makes sense. I mean most top Thais have great body and high kicks( better than most europeans on average) so if they focused on leg kicks they would have great leg kicks aswell...but like you said the risk of injury is to high when you are fighting so often... Pretty fucked up that they have to fight like every 2nd week just to make a decent living and even more fucked up that you have like 13 year olds with 50+ fights( with no head gear or shin pads)

Poverity is a bitch and it really sucks as most Thai's are extremely nice people.

Another thing I noticed when I trained in Thailand and from many people that I have talked to is how Thai camps rarely even practice leg kicks. When ever they train kicks on the bag or with thai pads its like 95% of the time middle kicks and high kicks. Its pretty much just 1,2 punching combinations followed by body and head kicks.

Last edited by animalfan10 on Tue May 10, 2011 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total

animalfan10

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Tue May 10, 2011 9:36 am

Jordan Watson is from Leeds, north England. Not Bangkok or Ko Phan Ngan

Valid points, but irrelevant to the prospect of Watson/Petrosyan in Thai rules
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by bfnick Tue May 10, 2011 9:44 am

@animalfan:yeah I agree man,but u need also to understand that MT is huge bussiness in Thailand.
The gambling behind MT is huge and thats why they need
as many active fighters as possible,it's like football in other countries.It sucks
that many of these guys have shattered forearms and shins in their 30's

@Fletch:Dont get mad that the thread got a little bit derailed Smile
Also Westerns vs Thais=fireworks most of the times.
Just look at the Ramon Dekkers fights and Buakaws fights outside of Thailand just to name a few
bfnick
bfnick

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Tue May 10, 2011 9:51 am

How much do Thais usually make in an average MT bout? How much would they make if they won a stadium title?
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Post by bfnick Tue May 10, 2011 10:02 am

I dont really know how much do they make per fight,but I'm sure its related
on the exposure they have and on the gamblings.
bfnick
bfnick

Back to top Go down

Post by blueyedsamurai Tue May 10, 2011 8:47 pm

Fletch wrote:
Donowaman wrote:
Fletch wrote:
Donowaman wrote:I don't see the need for Petro to fight someone no one has ever heard of.

I dont see the need for you trolling this thread, OR being completely ignorant and noobish Neutral

No one knows who Jordan Watson is outside of the UK. bounce

You're right - no one knows the ISKA world champion at 70kg, and Contender Asia winner, who just defended his belt against the top ranked German at that weight, who has competed in Thailand and Japan, fought such no-names as Yodsanklai Fairtex, Buakaw Por.Pramuk, Toshiya Nakagawa, Cedric Mueller, Craig Jose, outclassed Mosab Amrani, is #1 ranked in the UK, and ranked internationally.

You. Know. Nothing

what contender asia winner? there was only 1 season wasnt there? and Yodsanklai was the winner
blueyedsamurai
blueyedsamurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 Tue May 10, 2011 10:42 pm

Fletch wrote:3x3 is by nature inferior

My mate who trains out of Jordan's gym dominated 2.5 rounds of his fight at the last card, gassed midway through the third with his Bob Sapp level cardio, and lost on points.

K-1 rules he'd have taken an easy 29-28, maybe even a 30-27. But in full Thai rules, you get 15 minutes of violence and there's nowhere to hide for those with Bob Sapp's lungs

Conditioned fighters can still fight hard for 5 rounds. I saw great fights yesterday, and guys were still going hard in the 5th. Top level boxers go 12, top level thai boxers should do 5 if they're elite imo.

Whats the difference between 3 rounds and 5 rounds if you stand and do nothing for the first two anyway?
Nycto Da 6'0
Nycto Da 6'0

Back to top Go down

Post by blueyedsamurai Tue May 10, 2011 11:20 pm

Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:
StillWill wrote:I dont like thai rules because guys do nothing for the first two rounds, and they all play it safe because they fight so much. Also I dont like how hands are barely scored. K-1 rules are more exciting imo

Shiavello said at K-1 why they start so slow. I remember it had something to do with gambling... Like in Ong Bak, when they're all calling for bets at the beginning of fights. It's something along those lines. They bet on the first two rounds, then they start fighting in the 3rd to 5th.

yeh its gambling, ive been to a few thai fights, they also say its due to respect but there just lying to cover up the real reason
blueyedsamurai
blueyedsamurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Wed May 11, 2011 9:36 am

blueyedsamurai wrote:
Fletch wrote:
Donowaman wrote:
Fletch wrote:
Donowaman wrote:I don't see the need for Petro to fight someone no one has ever heard of.

I dont see the need for you trolling this thread, OR being completely ignorant and noobish Neutral

No one knows who Jordan Watson is outside of the UK. bounce

You're right - no one knows the ISKA world champion at 70kg, and Contender Asia UK winner, who just defended his belt against the top ranked German at that weight, who has competed in Thailand and Japan, fought such no-names as Yodsanklai Fairtex, Buakaw Por.Pramuk, Toshiya Nakagawa, Cedric Mueller, Craig Jose, outclassed Mosab Amrani, is #1 ranked in the UK, and ranked internationally.

You. Know. Nothing

what contender asia winner? there was only 1 season wasnt there? and Yodsanklai was the winner

*Contender UK

Wink

Season 2 homie
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Wed May 11, 2011 9:37 am

Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:
Fletch wrote:3x3 is by nature inferior

My mate who trains out of Jordan's gym dominated 2.5 rounds of his fight at the last card, gassed midway through the third with his Bob Sapp level cardio, and lost on points.

K-1 rules he'd have taken an easy 29-28, maybe even a 30-27. But in full Thai rules, you get 15 minutes of violence and there's nowhere to hide for those with Bob Sapp's lungs

Conditioned fighters can still fight hard for 5 rounds. I saw great fights yesterday, and guys were still going hard in the 5th. Top level boxers go 12, top level thai boxers should do 5 if they're elite imo.

Whats the difference between 3 rounds and 5 rounds if you stand and do nothing for the first two anyway?

Yeah, cos English thai-boxers - and Jordan in particular - do nothing for the first two rounds Neutral
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 Wed May 11, 2011 9:51 am

Either way Fletch, I would be willing to bet large amounts of money that Petro wrecks your boy under thai rules, MAX rules, boxing rules, TKD rules, in a dance off, etc, etc.

By the way, has anyone ever been looking at porn and seen that guy who looks way too much like Petro to continue? He's always playing the part of a personal trainer or whatever.
Nycto Da 6'0
Nycto Da 6'0

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Wed May 11, 2011 10:04 am

Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:Either way Fletch, I would be willing to bet large amounts of money that Petro wrecks your boy under thai rules, MAX rules, boxing rules, TKD rules, in a dance off, etc, etc.

Buakaw >>>>>>>>>>> Petro in thai rules, and Jordan vs Buakaw was an even split. He could have even won

By the way, has anyone ever been looking at porn and seen that guy who looks way too much like Petro to continue? He's always playing the part of a personal trainer or whatever.

Que? What a Face
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 Wed May 11, 2011 10:24 am

Didn't Buakaw... not beat Petro in thai rules (when he was like 21 years old, and BPP was primed out), while he beat your countryman just recently?
Nycto Da 6'0
Nycto Da 6'0

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Wed May 11, 2011 10:43 am

Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:Either way Fletch, I would be willing to bet large amounts of money that Petro wrecks your boy under thai rules, MAX rules, boxing rules, TKD rules, in a dance off, etc, etc.
How can you say that when you havent even seen him fight?
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Post by Donowaman Wed May 11, 2011 10:47 am

I think Petro seems so unbeatable that people are trying to use the same arguments people used against Fedor on him. "The rules are different! He wouldn't win here against a good guy!".

Petro would be rightfully favored under any rule set. You have to be able to hit someone to beat them.

Last edited by Donowaman on Wed May 11, 2011 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Wed May 11, 2011 10:48 am

Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:Didn't Buakaw... not beat Petro in thai rules (when he was like 21 years old, and BPP was primed out), while he beat your countryman just recently?

Ah good, I love questions. I'll pose a few

*Didn't Buakaw deserve the decision?
*Didn't you watch that fight?
*Didn't you say you wanted Mosab Amrani in Petro's 70MAX tournament, a guy who Watson soundly beat?
*Didn't Buakaw beat a 22yr old Jordan, in a fight that could have gone either way?
*Didn't Buakaw sit out the last K-1 MAX on his own terms?
*Didn't Buakaw win the Shootboxing S Cup recently?
*Isn't Buakaw still on form?
*Wasn't Buakaw vs Petro under K-1 rules?
*Wasn't Buakaw vs Watson under full thai rules?

popcorn
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by JMMA-ALLDAY Wed May 11, 2011 6:32 pm

jordan watson is a can my boy kienotsu would wreck him
JMMA-ALLDAY
JMMA-ALLDAY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next