Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Giorgio Petrosyan record - inconsistency with wikipedia

+4
gumby
veprman
DW LiverKick
Fletch
8 posters

Go down

Giorgio Petrosyan record - inconsistency with wikipedia Empty Giorgio Petrosyan record - inconsistency with wikipedia

Post by Fletch Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:31 am

We all know that kickboxing does not have a fightfinder system like boxing and MMA do, on various websites.

Thus, wikipedia is a piece of shit for it and has often terribly incomplete records. Like Melvin, who has 3x more wins than losses, but has more L's showing on his wiki record. POS

Well with Petrosyan, the record is surprisingly well preserved. But while some record listings are incomplete, they still usually have the correct win/loss stats (i.e. Leko is 66-24, which is stated, though only 40 wins or so are shown) but with Petro, it has him 67-1-2, and while it shows just about all of that, he gets announced with more wins at events he fights on.

The shows he fights on have him slightly more advanced i.e. Oktagon 2011 last night announced him 74-1-2, which is obv now 75-1-2 following the win over Cosmo.

So which is right? And what is the best way of finding an accurate kickboxing record these days (wikipedia is a POS)
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Giorgio Petrosyan record - inconsistency with wikipedia Empty Re: Giorgio Petrosyan record - inconsistency with wikipedia

Post by DW LiverKick Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:44 am

We're trying to do something about it, but man, it is really, really f'n hard.

http://www.liverkick.com/wikikick/

Yes, we are dead serious about this. So far we have some incomplete records up, mainly because they are a good start for formatting and shit, but we've been contacting gyms trying to fill in the blanks on most records.

If you want to help, you should, as should anyone.

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

http://www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Giorgio Petrosyan record - inconsistency with wikipedia Empty Re: Giorgio Petrosyan record - inconsistency with wikipedia

Post by veprman Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:46 am

I would help. But I have no idea how I could.
veprman
veprman

Back to top Go down

Post by DW LiverKick Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:47 am

If you learn wiki coding, which isn't too hard, you could put up literally any fighter you can think of that we don't have up there.

The thing we care about most is just the basic facts for now, before we can get more complete records those are kind of an afterthought.

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gumby Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:05 pm

did not know this existed............

I think TT could help with this. next week I will start moving some gears, little busy this one.
gumby
gumby
The Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:13 pm

Great work Dave, I will edit in Masatos 55-0 record when I have the chance. The 5 losses dont count for various obvious reasons, think we can all agree on that .

Laughing

On a more serious note that is a great idea, I will look through my fight library and see if there is anything I can add.
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Post by bfnick Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:32 pm

Building a database of kickboxing records is way harder
than MMA since Kickboxers are more active and theres no
such thing as exclusivity.I hope u manage to create your
database although its very hard
bfnick
bfnick

Back to top Go down

Post by DW LiverKick Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:52 pm

Yeah, it is hard, but I figure if enough people help out on it, there is a good chance to at least make it better than wikipedia.

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:26 am

great work

You're fucked with people like Dekkers and Kaman though.... Dekkers has 200+ fights, many of which are unlisted and were on smaller shows, and Kaman doesnt even have his proper record listed in many places.

But you're doing great work Dave!
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Soy Chingon Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:56 pm

mad props for even attempting this kickboxing database

im gonna try to help by adding fighters, dunno about records

its really easy to add just the basic information of the fighter, I've put in like 4 or 5 pages so far to get started. can't figure out the record part yet
Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:29 am

Even if fighters from the past cant be completed, at least the fighters of today are being recorded!!!!

This will only get better
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Soy Chingon Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:03 pm

cmon guys help out with this. it's pretty easy, even if you just wanna add the basic info. maybe i just have too much time on my hands
Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

Post by gumby Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:35 am

I want to as well but I would rather email some gyms before I go through my old HDD disks of k-1 fights.

even beyond the records I think we should have tourney results from K-1 and such, gym pages, etc.,
gumby
gumby
The Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by DW LiverKick Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:02 pm

Oh yeah, those will absolutely be on there.

The idea for right now was we tried to get everyone for the last It's Showtime fight up. When we couldn't make that (I went on vacation, Fraser's kid got sick) we made sure the top 30 or so in HW and MW were completed at least.

From there we want to do, obviously, shows, gyms, promotions and title records.

We are mostly focused, for the time being, on going forward. So it is most important to make sure upcoming guys are in there.

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DW LiverKick Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:03 pm

Oh, and really, any help you guys provide is really incredible and I appreciate it.

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gumby Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:32 am

Dave would you be alright with guys like me and soy saying that this is on behalf of LiverKick.com?

when we email gyms/managers I mean
gumby
gumby
The Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by DW LiverKick Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:51 am

Yeah of course, just say you are working on a project for LiverKick, if you need a ref or anything if they give you a hard time (they won't) just ask and I'll bug them.

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zando Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:08 am

I'm already happy that so much information is available by Wikipedia.

Zando

http://www.twitter.com/zando

Back to top Go down

Post by DW LiverKick Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:00 pm

On the WikiKick front --

Got a logo up and got image uploads fixed.

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down