Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverkick.com Middleweight Rankings May 2011

+3
Nycto Da 6'0
StillWill
Soy Chingon
7 posters

Go down

Liverkick.com Middleweight Rankings May 2011 Empty Liverkick.com Middleweight Rankings May 2011

Post by Soy Chingon Wed May 25, 2011 4:54 pm

http://liverkick.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=593:liverkickcom-middleweight-rankings-may-2011&catid=46:rankings

1. Giorgio Petrosyan
2. Andy Souwer
3. Buakaw Por. Pramuk
4. Mike Zambidis
5. Artur Kyshenko
6. Sudsakorn Sor Klinmee
7. Yoshihiro Sato
8. Chris Ngimbi
9. Albert Kraus
10. HINATA

Thoughts? Light heavyweight (77-84) should be coming soon
Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

Liverkick.com Middleweight Rankings May 2011 Empty Re: Liverkick.com Middleweight Rankings May 2011

Post by StillWill Wed May 25, 2011 5:02 pm

Hmm

Im going to throw out some names here

Mootje Khamal, John Wayne Parr, Nieky Holzken
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Liverkick.com Middleweight Rankings May 2011 Empty Re: Liverkick.com Middleweight Rankings May 2011

Post by Soy Chingon Wed May 25, 2011 5:07 pm

Holzken is off because he doesn't fight at 70-73 anymore. 72.5 is probably the lowest he'll go but all his latest fights are above it. He's ranked in our Light Heavyweight ones

as for Khamal, we did consider him a lot but that loss to Drago in November really took him out. Drago's gotten beat by everyone lately. Chahid loss brings him down too. The Kyshenko win is his one big win

JWP, beat Yod yeah but lost to a nobody after. Lost before he beat Yod. Kinda hard to make a case for him imo, Dave and I didn't even consider him
Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Wed May 25, 2011 5:11 pm

Fair enough. Just throwing out ideas. Wasnt aware of Parrs recent losses.

As for Nieky, what if he beats Artur on saturday? I thought that fight was at 70 kilos
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Soy Chingon Wed May 25, 2011 5:14 pm

Artur vs Nieky is at 74kg catchweight. So yeah it's a bit of a weird situation, above 73kg. If he beats Artur, it probably goes into his stock at Light Heavyweight. It's still a good win regardless of the weight class. Just like Cosmo is a win for Petrosyan and counts toward his stock and how Cosmo doesn't really lose anything in the rankings by losing to the #1 guy at Middleweight. I don't see Nieky ever going back down
Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Wed May 25, 2011 5:21 pm

Ohh okay sorry I was just misinformed about Holzken, for some reason I thought it would be at 70 kg. Yeah then Mootje has to be like number 11 on there. You are right about JWP(just looked at his record), I had just saw his fight with Yod and remember him beating Zambo last year so I figured he may have a case. Didnt realize he had so many L's on his record lately. Still a guy who can go toe to toe with anyone on any given night though!

Also how do these rankings work? These are K-1 type rule rankings right, so if a fighter goes into FTR does that increase his stock? Does Sudsakorn beating guys in Bangcock and guys like Kulebin change anything? Or for him is it all K-1 rules fights that affect his position.

Just curious. Solid rankings btw mate, Awesome you guys are doing this. Im expecting these to really take off soon
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 Wed May 25, 2011 11:08 pm

Souwer was sorta given a gift-wrapped decision over Buakaw imo. It's always bugged me how robberies effected rankings.
Nycto Da 6'0
Nycto Da 6'0

Back to top Go down

Post by animalfan10 Thu May 26, 2011 7:06 am

Soy Chingon wrote:Holzken is off because he doesn't fight at 70-73 anymore. 72.5 is probably the lowest he'll go but all his latest fights are above it. He's ranked in our Light Heavyweight ones

as for Khamal, we did consider him a lot but that loss to Drago in November really took him out. Drago's gotten beat by everyone lately. Chahid loss brings him down too. The Kyshenko win is his one big win

JWP, beat Yod yeah but lost to a nobody after. Lost before he beat Yod. Kinda hard to make a case for him imo, Dave and I didn't even consider him

Jwp doesn't fight at 70kg anyway...I think he is like 72.5+

Oh and the Yod fight had pretty damn questionable judging....It was in Australia and while Jwp fought well and held his own...anywhere else Yod would have won the fight...

I like both Jwp and Yod but Yod is the better fighter definitely imo.

animalfan10

Back to top Go down

Post by Donowaman Thu May 26, 2011 8:18 am

StillWill wrote:Ohh okay sorry I was just misinformed about Holzken, for some reason I thought it would be at 70 kg. Yeah then Mootje has to be like number 11 on there. You are right about JWP(just looked at his record), I had just saw his fight with Yod and remember him beating Zambo last year so I figured he may have a case. Didnt realize he had so many L's on his record lately. Still a guy who can go toe to toe with anyone on any given night though!

Also how do these rankings work? These are K-1 type rule rankings right, so if a fighter goes into FTR does that increase his stock? Does Sudsakorn beating guys in Bangcock and guys like Kulebin change anything? Or for him is it all K-1 rules fights that affect his position.

Just curious. Solid rankings btw mate, Awesome you guys are doing this. Im expecting these to really take off soon

This is what I'm wondering. Because, I'd say Buakaw has been more accomplished than Souwer recently.
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by Soy Chingon Thu May 26, 2011 10:01 am

StillWill wrote:

Only count Thai fights if they're between 2 ranked kickboxers

Last edited by Soy Chingon on Thu May 26, 2011 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Thu May 26, 2011 1:23 pm

Yeah, decent job but agreed with Dono, Buakaw with an S Cup win and some decent wins in the last year with no losses should be above Souwer, who was on the slide recently at 0-2 or 0-3 iirc
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by DW LiverKick Thu May 26, 2011 2:09 pm

You gotta look at the level in competition, as well, though. Buakaw has the S-Cup win, sure, but at the same time, his best win since the Souwer loss is........... Hiroki Nakajima.

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

http://www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Thu May 26, 2011 2:26 pm

DW LiverKick wrote:You gotta look at the level in competition, as well, though. Buakaw has the S-Cup win, sure, but at the same time, his best win since the Souwer loss is........... Hiroki Nakajima.

You're joking right? He beat Jordan Watson after facing Souwer... don't tell me Nakajima is a more impressive win, a guy with about twelve fights and who hasnt beaten a notable name apart from Watanabe. Jordan is ISKA world champ, has beaten multiple ranked MT fighters, won the Contender UK, fought in the Kings Cup, and split even with Buakaw and Yodsanklai, and is 27-4-1 iirc

If actual Muay Thai is excluded, fair enough. (K-1 rules)Kickboxing wise, Jordan hasn't tested those waters yet
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Thu May 26, 2011 2:30 pm

How you guys figure Andrei Kulebin would do at 70 kg in K-1/Its Showtime rules? How about 63?
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by DW LiverKick Thu May 26, 2011 2:43 pm

Fletch wrote:
DW LiverKick wrote:You gotta look at the level in competition, as well, though. Buakaw has the S-Cup win, sure, but at the same time, his best win since the Souwer loss is........... Hiroki Nakajima.

You're joking right? He beat Jordan Watson after facing Souwer... don't tell me Nakajima is a more impressive win, a guy with about twelve fights and who hasnt beaten a notable name apart from Watanabe. Jordan is ISKA world champ, has beaten multiple ranked MT fighters, won the Contender UK, fought in the Kings Cup, and split even with Buakaw and Yodsanklai, and is 27-4-1 iirc

If actual Muay Thai is excluded, fair enough. (K-1 rules)Kickboxing wise, Jordan hasn't tested those waters yet

If it's a pure muay thai fight, no, it doesn't count, they are different sports. We count thai fights between two ranked kickboxers only.

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Thu May 26, 2011 4:21 pm

DW LiverKick wrote:
Fletch wrote:

If it's a pure muay thai fight, no, it doesn't count, they are different sports. We count thai fights between two ranked kickboxers only.

Fair enough then.

Jordan is still his best post-Souwer win Razz
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by DW LiverKick Thu May 26, 2011 11:40 pm

Get Jordan to fight K-1 rules and there will be a new superstar, dude.

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down